Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Map: ustation

I'm working on a new minsta-hook-ctf map for Vecxis. Any thoughts?
Note: I use the ugly checker textures as a tool for mapping. It will not be in the final map.
There is a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MqTVNfFp_M

Comments

• edited February 2015 Posts: 0
    Add ramps to reach the higher parts where it is possible, so that we can separate good minsta players from the better ones. more movement options make maps better, sorta like reflex. it has a good skybox and the youtube video showed off some of it pretty well. i suggest commentary next time.

-Nuparu

edit #1

camping platforms on the pillars. they are out in the open enough for a birdseye view so they can frag, but at the same time are left vulnerable to players that have coverage from the middle section.
    Post edited by Nuparu on
  • Nuparu said:

camping platforms on the pillars. they are out in the open enough for a birdseye view so they can frag, but at the same time are left vulnerable to players that have coverage from the middle section.

What does this mean?
  • Player_2 said:

Nuparu said:

What does this mean?
    You see those untextured buildings at the far corners of the map? just add some platforms to them on the side. people can sit up there and shoot, but are very vulnerable.
  • Already done! It's just a little hard to tell from the screen shot, and the video needs to be updated.
  • While the tower is not finished, here are some updated screen shots.
  • Lookin good. I'd say it could use a little brightening but that may just be the video as the screenshots look well lit enough
  • The finished version will be brighter because I'm still shelling out the map, and having it properly lit would add a lot to the map compile times. I'll post a new video soon, probably tomorrow.